Best margarita machines
In the hot summer days, when you have time off, and you want to relax a bit, you can do so with a frozen drink in your hands. While the choices are many, margaritas remain the most popular beverages. Mixed with some tequila with triple sec, lime or lemon juice, and ice, a margarita cocktail has everything it needs. Actually, I do not think I have to tell you what a margarita contains. However, what you use to make the margarita is equally important, and I am not referring only to the ingredients. I am talking about the machine. Do you use a blender or a margarita machine?
What is a margarita machine?
A margarita machine is a device that can crush and shave ice simultaneously, and it can blend all the ingredients to create the perfect cocktail. As long as you supply the ingredients, the margarita machine will do all of that on its own. You hardly need to intervene. Furthermore, the margarita machine will hold the cocktail, reblend it, and it can keep it fresh for many hours so that you can enjoy it all day if you can. I do not recommend drinking all day, but we all have days like that.
The best margarita machine will not allow the formation of big chunks of ice in the drink. The content of the container is continuously blended so that you can sip it through a straw. At the same time, it will be able to make other frozen drinks as well. I am referring to smoothies, daiquiris, pina coladas, and whatever delicious beverage you can think of.
Why not a blender?
When preparing margaritas, some people use a blender. While that is not the worst idea, you need to think long term. A blender will crush the ice, not shave it, but you can still make a decent margarita with it. However, since the blender is not made to crush and shave ice on a regular basis, the blades will become blunt, and the motor will break down eventually. That is if you enjoy a margarita quite often and you always use the blender as an ice crushing tool. The point is that a blender’s purpose is not that, and soon you will be looking online for the best blender.
A margarita machine, on the other hand, has a powerful motor and blades designed to crush and shave ice. They will last for a long time, and what can be considered abuse for a blender, it is just a Tuesday for a margarita machine.
Another thing that makes a blender inadequate for making margaritas is that you need a fresh batch of ice for every cocktail. The blender is not designed to maintain the cold temperature of the cocktail inside the cup, and it does not reblend the beverage. A blender is merely a mixer in this case.
At the end of the day, the choice is yours, but if you enjoy a margarita on a regular basis or you like having parties, then a margarita machine is a much better choice. It will do what it is designed to do, and it will do it without breaking into pieces.
Types of margarita machines
From what I know, there are two types of margarita machines: home edition and commercial use. The first one is designed to be used at home, and it can make a few cocktails at once. It is ideal if you like to drink with your spouse or you are having a few friends over. Even if it is small, it can be pricey. Not as expensive as the other kind, but still.
The second category is represented by the commercial grade margarita machine. It has a large-capacity container that can hold up to 50 cups. Not many people buy this type for their homes because they are too large and they are expensive, but if you host a lot of parties or you want one for the office parties, it may seem like a good investment.
What to consider when looking for the best margarita machine
Buying a margarita machine should not very difficult. Comparing it to other products, the offer is not as extended as you may think. Even so, that does not mean you can settle for the first product you find. Quite the contrary. You need to consider a few aspects before you make a purchase. They are as follows:
- Performance – when you think of performance, you need to consider the motor and the capacity of the container. As far as the motor is concerned, you need to choose one depending on where you plan on using it, at a bar or at home. For home use, a margarita machine with a motor up to 400 watts is more than enough. And you can buy one with a 60-ounce pitcher. That should suffice. If you are looking for a margarita machine for your bar, on the other hand, you need to buy at least a 1500-watt device if you plant to keep the container full at all times, and a 600-watt machine if you need to serve less margarita. The strength of the motor determines the machines speed as well. As for capacity, commercial-grade margarita machines can mix up to 50 or even 100 cups.
- Controls – one of the best things about margarita machines is that some of them have preset drink programs. As a result, you barely have to do anything. You need to fill the container with ice and add the other ingredients, but the machine will do the rest. You should also be able to control the speed range, and let’s not forget about the pulse mode which is sometimes necessary for a reblend and a smooth, fresh beverage. The point is that the more controls a margarita machine has, the better. It gives you options.
- Additional features – I do not think I have to tell you that a margarita machine needs to have a separate ice container, but there are a few other features that make a margarita machine the best. For example, you need to look for an easy dispenser spout and a machine with a safety lid lock. An ON indicator is also recommended, and a melt-water reservoir is almost a must. A cable storage section could not hurt either.
Once you find a product that you like, make sure that you check some of the things above off the list. After all, a margarita machine does not come cheap, and you want it to perform flawlessly. A user-friendly margarita machine should make you think that it is worth the investment.
What are the best margarita machines?
I cannot say that I have tried them all, but I think that as long as you look at the specifications and you remember to consider the factors above, you will be able to make the right choice. Another thing that may help is reading some margarita machines reviews online. Look at what other people bought and how they feel about their purchase. You can learn from their experience. If none of that is for you, just take your pick from the three products presented below.
Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker with No Brainer Mixer
The first product on my list of high-quality margarita machines is the one from Margaritaville. You will notice that most machines are manufactured by this brand, and they do a pretty good job at it. The devices are well constructed, and the manufacturer used only premium materials. Hence the prices. Even so, I think it is worth it.
This particular machine has a 36-ounce blending jar that allows you to create many fun and tropics-inspired party drinks. You can use it for more than margaritas. You can also blend daiquiris, pina coladas, slushies, and any other frozen beverage you may think of. From that point of view, this machine is versatile.
The Margaritaville device features an automatic shave and blend cycle. You can select a blend only or a shave only cycle if you want. However, the part that I like the most is the one that involves the automatic settings. With their help, the machine will mix the right proportion of ice and ingredients. You do not need to know the recipes or look them up. The machine will do that on its own. The ice reservoir can hold ice enough for one full pitcher, and the easy-pour jar is easy to use. Just open the hatch and pour the drink. All the washable parts are dishwasher safe.
Nostalgia 64-ounce Margarita and Slush Maker
While this particular margarita machine has a larger capacity, it is cheaper. Even so, it does not mean that it will not create the perfect margaritas. In fact, I think you will enjoy it very much. It can make margaritas, but at the same time, you can concoct daiquiris, slushies, and other frozen drinks. It may be less expensive than the previous, but it is pretty capable.
The Nostalgia model has a powerful 200-watt motor that can shave ice to a perfect consistency in just a minute. Usually, I would say that 200 watts is somehow borderline weak, but not for this model. Since it has a small capacity, the strength of the motor is more than enough to serve you fresh cups of margarita for years.
As for construction, this margarita machine is durable and resistant. The parts are made of durable plastic and metal, and it looks sturdy enough for the price it comes at. The capacity of the pitcher is 64 ounces, just as the title suggests, which is enough for over 10 drinks. I am sure that if you are looking for an affordable solution, you are going to love this one.
Margarita Girl Double-Bowl Mini Size Margarita Slush Frozen Drink Machine
Last but not least, the margarita machine from Margarita Girl is another product that I think you will be interested in. I find it a bit ironic that this is a mini size but has two tanks that can mix up to 50 cups of slush at once, but my guess is that the manufacturer wanted to make itself clear that the device is not for commercial use. And indeed it is not. It is destined for home use, and it can be perfect for parties and barbecues.
One of the aspects I like the most about this model is that it has two tanks. They can be operated individually and at the same time, which gives you the option of making two kinds of drinks at once. You can make fruity slushies for the kids, and margaritas for the grown-ups. I find it brilliant.
The Margarita Girl machine has a durable construction with high-impact plastic and stainless steel panels. It features a ¼ HP air compressor, consistency control, and freeze-up protection. It is pretty large, but installing it is not too much hassle. Plus, when you taste the first drink, you will forget all about your effort.
Whether you choose the first, second, or the third machine, I am sure that you will be happy with your choice. However, if I were you, I would go with the Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker with No Brainer Mixer. It is big enough for home use, it has all the fantastic features, and the construction is durable. I think it is one of the best margarita machines you can buy.
We all deserve a happy hour now and then. We work a lot, and we go through a lot of stress. We need alcohol from time to time, which is why a margarita machine can come in handy. It makes alcohol taste good, and it can help you take some of the edges off. I am sure that you will be happy if you decide to purchase one. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Life, Death, and Daiquiri Machine Rental
- Top Tips of Daiquiri Machine for Sale
- The Hidden Gem of Margaritaville Frozen Drink Maker
- The New Angle On Icee Machine Rental Just Released
- Top Frozen Margarita Maker Reviews!
- The Quintessential Guide to Best Margarita Blender
- Untold Stories About Jimmy Buffet Margarita Maker That You Really Need to Read
- Things You Won’t Like About Home Margarita Machine and Things You Will
- A Fair Perspective on Margaritaville Concoction Maker
- The Tried and True Method for Daiquiri Machine in Step by Step Detail
- Warning Signs on Frozen Concoction Maker You Need to Be Aware Of
- Life After Margarita Maker Machine
- A Fool’s Guide to Margaritaville Drink Machine Revealed
- Un-Answered Questions Into Margaritaville Drink Maker Disclosed
- The 30-Second Trick for Margarita Machine Rentals
- The Chronicles of Frozen Drink Maker
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Frozen Drink Machine Rental and How to Avoid It
- The War Against Commercial Margarita Machine
- The Start of Margaritaville Margarita Machine
- Using Margarita Mixer Machine
- The Number One Article on Jimmy Buffet Margarita Machine
- Finding the Best Slush Machine Rental
- The New Angle On Margaritaville Maker Just Released
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Margaritaville Mixer
- Who Else Is Lying to Us About Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker?
- Astonishing Facts Regarding Margarita Blender Unveiled
- The Number One Article on Margaritaville Margarita Maker
- Whispered Margarita Machine for Sale Secrets
- A Startling Fact about Margarita Machine Rental Uncovered
- Frozen Drink Machine Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Frozen Margarita Machine Help!
- The Lost Secret of Margaritaville Machine
- Margaritaville Blender Explained
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Margarita Maker
- The Pain of Margarita Machine